PHILLIP JESTER, ASSOCIATE
Meet Phillip Jester
Phillip Jester and his family have been situated in Charlotte for generations. An alumni of South Mecklenburg High School, Phil graduated cum laude from UNC Chapel Hill where he earned his B.A. degrees in Economics and Political Science, and a minor in Politics, Philosophy, and Economics which is a one-of-a-kind minor offered jointly by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and Duke University. He earned his law degree from Wake Forest University where he was a member of the Order of Barristers and served as the American Bar Association’s representative to Wake Forest Law and led the Small Business Practice of Wake Forest’s Community Law & Business Clinic, competed on Wake Forest’s National Trial Team, and served as the Vice President of the Student Bar Association. Phil is licensed to practice law in both North and South Carolina.
Phil is a contributing author to the 10th Edition and the recent annual supplement of the North Carolina Estate Administration Manual. His a member of the North Carolina Bar Association’s Section on Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law where he serves on the Legislative Committee.
Phil came to North Carolina Estate Planning & Fiduciary Law in 2021. When he is outside of work, he is a sportsman and enjoys a basketball, fishing, running, biking, hiking, surfing, and following college sports (especially UNC and Wake Forest).
Wake Forest University School of Law
- Winston-Salem, NC
Juris Doctor, 2020
University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
- Chapel Hill, NC
Bachelor of Arts Economics, 2017
Bachelor of Arts Political Science
Minor in Philosophy, Political Science & Economics in conjunction with Duke University
- North Carolina State Bar, since 2020
- Member of North Carolina Bar Association, since 2020
- Section on Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law, Member
- Member of Mecklenburg County Bar Association, since 2020
- Member of North Carolina Bar Association’s
- Member, South Carolina State Bar, since 2023
- North Carolina Estate Planning and Fiduciary Law, Charlotte, NC, Attorney, July 2021 - Present
- Stewart Law, P.A.,Charlotte, NC, Attorney, August 2020 - June 2021
- Narron Wenzel, P.A., Raleigh and Smithfield, NC, Summer Law Clerk, May - August 2019
- North Carolina State Court of Appeals, Raleigh, NC, Summer Judicial Internship with the Honorable Judge Valerie Zachary, May, June, & August 2018
- North Carolina General Assembly, Raleigh, NC, Legal Internship with Representative Lee Zachary, May, June, & August 2018